You beauty discovery box January 2014

This is my January 2014 Youbeauty box and it arrived yesterday (09/01/2014)


To say I was underwhelmed by this months choices would be an understatement. The choices this month were:
Sanctuary Spa Active Reverse Body Resurface & Refine Ultra Polish
Melvita Fresh Moisturizing Body Milk
Ginvera Green Tea Exfoliating Marvel Gel
The Organic Pharmacy Masks
Thalgo Cocooning Cleansing Milk
Goldwell Kerasilk Duo
Essie Repstyle Magnetic Nail Polish.

All of these were in small samples sizes except the nail varnish and I am hoping this doesn't mark a shift in a box that was mostly full sized until now.

Additionally we got a 11g bag of popchips Barbecue Potato Chips and a sample of Green People Age Defy+ 24 hour brightening cream.


The magazine this month (and the box) had a theme of Detox SOS.


These are the contents of my box. I chose the Essie and the Goldwell Kerasilk Duo.


This is the Essie Repstyle Nail Varnish I received. I tried it out last night and the colour was really beautiful as it was a rich bronze brown. It went on well and was nice and glossy on application and I was really happy with the application.

However, I couldn't get the pattern to appear and that frustrated me and disappointed me. I am not sure if I would use it again and would probably not buy it at the £9.99 price it retails for, although this more than covers the £6.99 I paid for the box.
I am not sure if it is me that is wonky or the nail varnish but either way yesterday it was removed an I used my Nail Rock red glitter nail set instead.


The other choice I made was the Goldwell Kerasilk duo that contains 50ml of the Goldwell Kerasilk Ultra Rich Keratin Care Daily Intense Mask and 50ml of the Goldwell Kerasilk Ultra Rich Keratin Care Shampoo.
At the moment I like hair masks and look forward to trying this and the shampoo out. I might get a few times with each if a little goes a long way but otherwise I might only get one try with the mask. They have that salon smell to them and I hope they are good, although the mask would have to be amazing to turn me away from my Macadamia hair masque.


The first free gift this month was 11g of the popchips barbeque potato chips. These were eaten when I received the box and were Okay but nothing I would rush out to buy.


The second free gift was a teeny tiny sample of Green People Age Defy+ 24 Brightening and a £5 off Coupon for the full sized.
I know I won't buy this as the sample is too small to really try out and I have plenty of moisturisers to try out already in my stash.

All in all the most disappointing box from this company so far. None of the products really grabbed me this month and I hope next month is better.
Although at £6.99 a month the disappointment isn't as bad as if I had paid more.
Next month is Red Carpet theme so roll on next month.

x-J-x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love ME Beauty September (Beauteco) 2013 box menu One

Memebox giveaway

Lovelula may 2014