Glossybox July 2014


My glossybox arrived on Monday and I was really looking forward to this as it was an American product box and I love American brands so was really looking forward to it.
This is my second box back, excluding my free box, and I was really hoping it was as good as the first box and luckily I wasn't disappointed.
But what was in it?


The first item in the box was the item in the box that made me worry something had broken as it is heavily scented of lavender and I knew if liquid it indicated a leak, but thankfully nothing had leaked, it just had a strong scent.
This is the Dr Bronner's magic soaps all in one hemp lavender pure Castile soap. I have heard these are really good for cleaning brushes but I am unsure whether to use it for that at the moment as it might case a reaction with a lavender. But this smells divine and I might use it to scent my bedroom. 
This is the only non full sized item in the box at 34g and is worth about £1.


The next item in the box is an item that is readily available in the uk which is a shame as there are plenty of brands that aren't so they would be a better fit but a lip balm is always useful.
This is the Carmex lip balm and although I haven't used it as I have loads of lip balms what I have seen about it has been good.
This is worth £2.69.


The next item in the box this month is the spoiler item on the Facebook page and is the bellapierre cosmetics limited mineral lipstick. 


I received the shade mandarina which is an orange red shade and although I like it I prefer my oranges more orange as I said in my blog post. It is a creamy formula but I found it settled in the crease of my lips and wasn't that long lasting. It is okay but on equal par to some of my high street lipsticks and for £20 in my opinion it is overpriced.


The next item in the box is a glossybox exclusive and it is a color club polish in the shade glossy seal. This is a very dark blue with a slight undertone of green to my eye. It is more of a winter tone though to me and I might use this then more. This is full sized and worth $8, about five pound in the current exchange rate.



The last item in the box is a glossybox premiere by absolute New York and it is the perfecting eyeshadow primer. This is a cream eyeshadow primer in a neutral tone that would be great on its own or under an eyeshadow.
To be honest on my pale skin it may also work as a concealer, especially as I have the world's biggest spot atm.
A nice product worth $4.99, or about £3.

So, there is my box for this month and I like this product selection. I will use it all and it is worth the £13.25 but I do think the lipstick is over priced for what it is and it makes me wish it was more orange.
But the soap smells very lavender as it is a natural product and the nail varnish is a nice formulation.

A great box.

x-J-x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love ME Beauty September (Beauteco) 2013 box menu One

Memebox giveaway

Lovelula may 2014